Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vee Plaas


Today I went to Vee Plaas, a township I never actually knew about before. Its smaller than the ones I have been to beofr, but still quite large in size. There are mainly shacks there, with very few government houses. I had the opportunity to meet Elvis and his partner, he works for a family friend of mine. I also had the opportunity to meet and speak to some of their nieghbours, and to see their homes. They all collected water from a tap in the centre of the settlement, and used parrafin stoves. There was not much else in the their home- like the George family, in fact even less really. One thing I did notice about the George family was that they kids did not even have pencil crayons to draw with. Once again food and education came up as things I had noted here. I really would like to create somthing that help people beyond it just being a simple object- perhaps something that involves skill learining.

No comments:

Post a Comment